Tuesday, October 18, 2022

I Love Bill Pullman

  

I just finished watching the 4th  season of "The Sinner"  on Netflix. It was such a relief to finish it.  I've suffered through all four seasons, each a totally different story with different actors, except for Detective Harry Ambrose, as portrayed by Bill Pullman. 

Ambrose appears to me to be clinically depressed in every scene.  He's sad, awkward and can barely get his words out.  Each episode of "The Sinner" is painstakingly slow.  The camera lingers on Ambrose as he appears to be struggling to answer even a simple question.  He looks disheveled and very, very sad at all times. 

He seems to me to be a person who is deeply flawed and unhappy but dedicated to unraveling these complicated mysteries.  

I wonder how they've been able to get away with four seasons but "The Sinner" has a strong following. Jessica Beal is the executive producer and was in the first one.  Like all of the seasons, it's very dark and depressing. I doubt that her husband, Justin Timberlake will ever be a character on "The Sinner" because he likes to smile and have fun on stage.  

Bill Pullman has said this is the last season.  I hope he's right because if there are more I'll have to watch them. 

And I don't want to.

***