Thursday, October 15, 2020

Celebrating





Life is tough for all of us right now.  I try to intersperse the daily "we're all gonna die" narrative  with pockets of celebration.  Recently my grandson and his wife came by to give me the exciting news that they're expecting.  So we are now, along with all the stuff that daily smacks us in the gut,  anticipating this new tiny new person being formed by God.  This couple has wanted this blessing for a while so we who love them have prayed for this to happen.  The sweetest thing they told me was that both of their dads cried when they got the news.  

On Monday they learned the sex of their budding baby.  I had already warned them about how I did not care for gender reveal parties that sometimes cause major catastrophes so the night before last they came by for my own personal gender reveal party.  

There was a big "Popper" explosion of pink confetti but no firestorms in California were started by this reveal.  Life is good and life continues to move along in good as well as horrific ways in this time of Covid19. 

***