Thursday, December 6, 2018

It's The Real Thing!

Did you know that, since 1930 Coca Cola has had 48 tag lines?  "It's the Real Thing" is from 1969. The current tag line is "Taste the Feeling."

When I was young I drank Coca Cola and loved it.  Later I drank Diet Coke.  Later still I drank Diet/Caffeine Free Coke.  Now I drink water or wine.  (These were Jesus' two favorite drinks.)

But we still keep Cokes in the fridge.  And it's a good thing because you never know when you'll need one.  We all know that Coke is good for cleaning your car battery and your hair and clogged drains. (But I'm not sure about washing my hair with something that's supposed to remove hair.  I've read that some veterinary offices pour Coke in their drains on Friday night and by Monday morning all the animal hair is gone!)  Coke helps get rid of lice.  And it's used at crime scenes to remove blood stains.

As you know, I love The People's Pharmacy.  Over the years they've reported that patients have had success using Coke for varied medical purposes - like getting rid of kidney stones and cleaning feeding tubes.

And now, just in time for the holidays, when we tend to wolf down big meals, readers are saying that Coke can save you when you have a big chunk of meat stuck in your throat.   Don't try it if you're choking and can't breathe.  Call 911 or have somebody "Heimlich" you.  But if the meat's down there in your esophagus and won't budge, take a drink of ice cold Coke.  The People's Pharmacy readers swear by it.  And even if it doesn't work, it's refreshing.


***