Thursday, January 25, 2018

What Life Changing Word Will I Hear or Read Today?

I'm still meeting with my Power Rangers on a regular basis.  We are an accountability group who've been getting together for several decades.  We're in various stages of disrepair but still powerful.

A week ago Wednesday, when some of us expressed our feelings of pain or helplessness, one of us suggested we all bring in positive quotes this Wednesday.  Then on Friday she fell down a flight of stairs so has spent the week in the hospital and now in rehab.

Yesterday, even though she wasn't there,  we decided to bring in our positive quotes anyway.  They were amazingly helpful to me.  Some were deeply spiritual.  Some were practical.  One of us led the rest of us in a healing prayer/meditation for our fallen member.

Words, written and spoken, have great power.  I'm choosing mine very carefully these days.

P.S.  The film, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, which I reviewed for you last week and has now been nominated for several Academy Awards, is all about the power of words, both hateful and loving.


***