Thursday, June 1, 2017

I-4 Craziness

Dave's Latest Art Piece - "I-4"

In 1995, when I was looking for a condo in Orlando, I had a list of a dozen of the most important attributes.  One was to be in the I-4 corridor.  Because I-4 runs from Tampa to Daytona Beach.

And it's about the only way you can get to most places in Central Florida.  (Also, folks who live in the I-4 Corridor usually impact our presidential elections.  We are powerful.)

Now we're in the midst of the I-4 Ultimate Improvement Project.  It's pretty much a decades long driving nightmare.  At our closest on-ramp we never know if it will be a left turn or a right turn.  Trying to navigate without knocking over a few orange cones is daunting.

The project is supposed to take ten years- but we know better.  When Dave complains, which he rarely does (about anything) my helpful response is this:

It will take about twenty years and then it will will wonderful.  But you and I will be dead.

***