Thursday, February 16, 2017

Happy Belated Valentines Day

I've not been feeling up to par so V-Day sort of got away from me. Dave and I don't buy gifts but usually do something fun together.

That hasn't happened yet but we're thinking about it.  In the meantime, here are two (belated) Valentine stories.

In Forum on Sunday we were talking about how married couples show their love toward each other and a woman shared the following story about her husband.  I don't remember the details but the story really moved me - even though it doesn't represent how Dave and I do things.



- She saw a pair of earrings.  She loved the earrings and wanted her husband to buy them for her.  He didn't care for the earrings but he bought them anyway.

Sometime later she was going for an important job interview and needed her special earrings but couldn't find them anywhere.  She was frantic.   Later still, he appeared from the laundry room saying he'd found the earrings. So she got to wear them to the interview.

Sometime - much later - she found the original earrings!




- Yesterday, Wednesday morning,  I had to rent a car and while I was going through all of the crazy steps Dave got on my nerves a bit by trying to be nice and friendly to the Hertz guy while I was trying to do business.  

We later had a tiny bit of unhappiness over this which is unusual for us. Then we went our separate ways.

Sometimes in Dave's Wednesday art group they give away things like magazines with beautiful photographs.  Dave rarely takes them.  I like to say to him, If someone offers you something (especially a wine sample) - take it - and then give it to me.

Yesterday evening he came home and, in a gesture of total love,  handed me one of my very favorite magazines "Architectural Digest."

I didn't deserve it.


***