Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Joy Comes in the Morning

I love Psalm 30:5b    .....weeping may stay for the night; but joy comes in the morning. 

This past Sunday in Forum, the discussion was on JOY.  My friend and fellow Power Ranger, Trish, was our gifted facilitator.  The first thing she did was pass out scriptures to be read aloud (if we felt like it.)  Everybody felt like it.

Just that activity alone led to much rich discussion and lots of laughter.  For an hour we talked about - and experienced - joy.

 Trish told us  that, as we age, anger declines and joy increases.

The grayer the world gets, the brighter the outlook.

We spent so much time sharing the joy that Trish wasn't able to get to her handout of a list of attitudes that create joy.  Following are a couple (in my words:)


  • Think positive thoughts.  You can get up in the morning and think, "I'm poor, sick, fat and ugly."  Or not.  Your choice.  
  • Accept other people.  It has helped me immensely to finally accept that nobody, and I mean, nobody, is going to shape up and function the way I think they should.  So I'll just try to love and enjoy them anyway. 


OK - the two points above look a lot like Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Thanks Trish.


***