Thursday, June 27, 2013

Cess Predicts

We're in the 4th day of the George Zimmerman trial.  In case you just awoke from an extended coma, Mr. Zimmerman is being tried for second degree murder in the shooting death of teenager, Trayvon Martin.

I have strong feelings about this terrible situation.  To me, it's way more complicated than this trial.  My hope and prayer is that better race relations will emerge from this tragedy.  I hope that Sanford, Florida continues in its effort to build bridges.  I have great sympathy for the Martin family and the Zimmerman family.

Because of our current technology we are seeing the trial, both live and in recaps 24-7 - around the world.  Much as I predicted many months ago.

But I'm not predicting the outcome.  I have no idea what that will be.

Rachel Jeantel - A Star is Born
My prediction has to do with Rachel Jeantel, the 19 year old 12th grader who has been testifying yesterday and today.  I predict that she will be our next reality star.

As Stefon (who used to be on Saturday Night Live) would say,  "This witness has everything."

Yesterday she mumbled.  And her defiant, teenage attitude couldn't have been more apparent if she had just sat in the witness stand, crossed her arms and rolled her eyes.  She sealed it when she called Defense Attorney West, "The bald dude."

Obviously, somebody gave her a talking to - because today she's all "Mr West" and "Yes, sir."  But the 'tude is still there.   I'm sure millions of teenagers around the globe can relate to Miss Jeantel.  Again, I have no idea how she's affecting the case - but Rachel Jeantel is going to have some interesting offers to contemplate following her testimony.

Her 15 moments (at least) of fame started yesterday!


***