Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Flying too High With Some Guy in the Sky...

We're getting ready to travel.  It's that time of year.  I don't like to travel but I love being in other places.  As you know, we flew to Denver last week.  Since we flew Southwest, we didn't get to sit together.  When we came down the isle Dave pointed to the first desirable seat and said, "You sit here."  Yes, he loves me that much. 

But it worked out well because the guy next to me was an exec for one of my very favorite restaurants, McDonald's.  I'll share with you soon some of the exciting things he told me about Mickey D's.  All in all, a good flight each way. 

Next week we'll fly from Atlanta to Chicago for a couple of days.  I'm hoping we'll have no craziness like what happened to some women flying from New York to South Florida last week.

Three old ladies in three separate incidents were strip searched in the airport by the TSA.

- Lenore, 84, was a suspected terrorist because she had a defibrillator for her heart. 

- Linda, 66, was suspected of being a terrorist because she was wearing a glucose monitor.

- Ruth, 88, was suspected because she was wearing a colostomy bag.

Thankfully, at the present time, I don't have any spare parts but you never know what the TSA folks will find suspicious so I'm going to try, as I always do, to mind my "Ps" and "Qs"  when I go through security.

And here's a personal note to Lenore, Linda and Ruth.  Don't let this depressing incident at the airport keep you from enjoying your holidays - and especially don't let it keep you from flying wherever you want to go in the future.


***