Friday, September 10, 2010

Leaving the Land of 10,000 Weather Changes

I'm packing up and heading home to Florida tomorrow. With a few days stopover in Atlanta. Hard to know what to pack, what to mail, and what to wear.

When I board the plane in the morning the weather will be in the 50s. When I get off it will be in the 90s. The weather inside the plane could be either of these.

The last couple of days I've been teased a bit about the crazy people in Florida. I have to remind these Minnesotans that if it wasn't for the crazy and bizarre folks (not to mention the serial killers) in Florida and California, this would be a boring country indeed.

For instance, I like to tell Dave that I don't believe there really is an Iowa. It's never in the news.

Last summer Florida was never out of my mind due to the daily Casey Anthony news fix.

Folks here in Minnesota are way more reserved. And blond. And Lutheran. Dave has a neighbor whom I really care for. We've had many conversations. Some of them funny. But I don't think I've ever seen her laugh. However, she's a good and nice person.

This morning the guys at Breugger's wouldn't let me pay for my coffee and bagel because it was my last breakfast for a while.

Now that's Minnesota Nice!


***