Friday, September 24, 2010

I Miss Him

A friend said today, "Don't you miss him?"

Yes, I miss him. But Dave and I knew when we got into this thing that life would be tricky. Dave's still in Minnesota. I'm in Florida. Why? We have homes and other, even more important, obligations. Life is complicated. But he'll be here on Tuesday. Whoopee!

We knew when we got into this that it would be complicated. You may remember our (some might say anal) buttoning down every detail we could think of. But then we just gave in and decided to go for it.

During that time Dave sent me a poem he'd seen in some magazine. We agreed it described our relationship to a T.

We saw each other
in the same place for
years before we met.

Destined? Rather as
if we were trying
to defy fate. But

finally worn out
we acceded to
the chance and a bed.


***