Monday, February 21, 2022

Florida, A Love Story


 

Yesterday, when I was walking out the door to go to church, my son called to tell me my book, Florida, A Love Story, had just appeared on Amazon.  I wasn't expecting this.  My publisher told me it would be between two and six weeks.  

When I got to church I saw my friend, Lou, sitting in the courtyard.  I sat down beside him and we talked about the book.  A couple of years ago I had given Lou a copy of my manuscript to check out because he's been a docent at the Florida History Center for many years.  He assured me that the history was right.  Yesterday he reminded me that he loved the book.  

And he read it before my editor chopped it up and pasted it back together into a much more readable fashion.  While all the words are mine, many folks have added seasoning to this stew of Florida history and adventure.  

 I have not seen a hard copy.  I ordered mine from Amazon yesterday.  I hope you'll do the same.  It will be in Barnes and Noble soon. 

What's it about?  To me, it's about broken and suffering people being healed.  I hope you'll read it and tell me what you think.  The bottom line is this.  I love the book.  I hope you will love it too. 

***