Thursday, February 28, 2019

My Value System

Last Sunday in Forum our facilitator discussed our values using Scott Jeffrey's Core Values as a resource.  Fun to see where I fit.  I've been surprised that my priorities have changed.

Here are the five I came up with for my own personal life right now.

Integrity - This has always been a core value for me.  I want to be authentic - even when it hurts.  It's scary because I don't want to lose the people I love who see things differently from me.

Spirituality - This week I've been reminded that, even though I love my church, it's my spirituality that is paramount.  And, like integrity, that comes from within.

Order/Structure/Calm - Not a value for everybody, but it's huge for me.

Kindness/Civility - I value this in my one-on-one relationships and our country's international relationships - and everything in between.

Communicator/Creativity - Yes, creatively communicating is at the core of who I am.

But what was really intriguing to me as I looked over the list of 200 plus core values were the ones I used to have but (at age 80) no longer do.

Ambition
Strength
Productivity
Hard Work
Accomplishment
Power

I still value these in others - but, personally,  I think I'm done.


***