Saturday, July 1, 2017

I Want to Be a Prime Atttactor

The term "Prime Attractor" sounds like a really cool, sexy person.  But I recently read a quote about Saint Francis (not Pope Francis but I guess it might apply to him as well) that I love and can't get out of my head:

Saint Francis was what some call a "prime attractor" - one who moves history and humanity forward just by being who he is. 

I think that most people would find this state of being almost impossible to comprehend but now that I've moved way over from "doing" to "being," I get it!


  • I get it when I'm interacting with my kids.
  • I get it when I'm having lunch with my friends who are struggling with their careers.
  • I get it when I'm struggling with this crazy new illness that has visited me out of the blue.  
  • I get it when I'm renegotiating my bundle with the cable company.  
  • I get it when I try to carefully respond to our current political situation, locally, nationally and internationally.  


I used to think that the best eulogy for me would be to be compared to "The Good Wife." I mean the one in Proverbs (not Juliana Margulies)  who takes care of everybody and everything thing and in her spare time dabbles in real estate.  Now I'd rather be remembered a Prime Attractor.

...one who moves history and humanity forward just by being who I am. 


***