Wednesday, December 30, 2015

2016 Resolutions

It's that time of year.  Everybody likes a new start.  I read an article this morning about keeping your resolutions by making only fun ones - like drinking more (and more expensive) wine.

Last week in Forum, the facilitator for the day asked a provocative question:

If 2016 could be the best year of your life, what would have to happen for this to be true?

This is hard and complicated.  I need to make everybody in my life do what I think is right.  Right?  OK, that won't happen.
Communion Bread

For me, in many ways, 2015 has been the best year of my life.  Seems crazy to say in light of all the bad stuff that came down.  But I know that getting to that place in my head and my heart is an inside job.

And I continue to get do-overs.  I saw on Face Book that two of my favorite people, Myrna and Norlin, helped make our church's communion bread for Sunday.  Whenever I take communion (if I do it right,) I get a fresh start on having the best time of my life.


***