Saturday, December 12, 2009

Best Meal

Dave and I finished up our plans for the family luncheon at the hotel after our wedding. Wasn't a big deal. We just want people to relax and have a good time.

Have you ever played the game where you decided what would be your favorite meal if you could have anything you wanted?

Mine would be several courses starting with a clear soup and a salad with anchovies on top. The entree would absolutely be boiled lobster. My very favorite fancy food. I haven't had one in about four years.

For dessert I'd have a small, intense chocolate something or other. All of this would be accompanied by fine wine - but not much of it.

Dave recently showed me an article about a guy who ordered his last meal before being executed. He had a snack of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in the afternoon. Then at night he had pizza, onion rings, fried mushrooms, Doritos, French onion dip, blueberry ice cream, cherry pie and Dr. Pepper.

To each his own!

By the way, the article said that the next morning the man seemed very calm as he took communion and awaited his fate. I hope the communion helped - and the Doritos too.


***