Wednesday, February 7, 2024

I've Seen Both Sides Too


 I'm in a text group with three family members in three different states.  I love them with a vengeance.

All three of them watched the Grammys a few evenings ago -  to the very end.  I don't watch anything at night so it's taken me a while to catch up with YouTube videos.  

Aside from Jon Batiste and Taylor (whom I know because I don't live on the moon) I know very few of the performers.  

But then Joni. 

At  80 years old she has the right to sing her signature song,  And I can relate to almost every word of it.

I've looked at clouds from both sides now.......From up and down, and still somehow.....It's cloud illusions, I recall

I really don't know clouds at all.....

I probably don't feel quite the way she does about love, but I know love, feel love, and allow myself to love, even though loving has its challenges and lives come to an end. But my faith makes me more comfortable with this.  It takes courage to love as we age because our lovers leave us, if we don't leave them first.  On this side of heaven all  love affairs end in tragedy.  

I've looked at love from both sides now.....From give and take, and still somehow.....It's loves illusions I recall

I really don't know love at all

Watching her on YouTube, where she sat in her big gold chair that swiveled around for all to see, I was deeply moved and could relate to every word.

But now old friends are acting strange.....They shake their heads, they say I've changed.....Well, something's lost, but something's gained 

In living every day.  

The crowd was singing along, many of them in tears. 

I've looked at life from both sides now.....From up and down, and still somehow.....It's life's illusions, I recall

I really don't know life at all. 

***

s