Saturday, December 15, 2007

Gifts

I've already received several Christmas gifts. Nothing big and fancy or expensive. Just loving.

Last night the husband of one of my Power Rangers threw her a surprise birthday party. It's hard to believe but she was truly surprised! Of course the logistics of getting her out of the house and others into the house - and then getting her back into the house - were daunting.

My take on it is that this was as much a gift for her friends as it was for her. Being in her home, surrounded by people I love was a wonderful birthday gift for ME. This is good because my birthday is coming right up.

There are lots of December babies. I don't know why.

My best gift so far is a card. I had my usual breakfast with my OLD friends yesterday. He's 87 years old, she's 88. They gave me a card. I waited until I got home to open it.

It's home made. They made it themselves. My picture is in the middle, surounded by felt poinsettias and angel stickers.

Gifts don't get much better than this.



**