Monday, May 9, 2022

The Earring Crisis is Over

 

About ten days ago I put on an old pair of earrings and, at the end of the day, was unable to get one of them off.  

At first I thought if I just applied lotion and tugged enough it would open.   After a few days I realized it would not.  

I'm big fan of Youtube videos but they were no help.  There were plenty of Youtube demonstrations but not for this kind of earring.  One young woman had her earring stuck for four years! That was alarming. 

 Next I looked for places to go to have an expert remove the earring.  The most popular places for the Youtube videos were tattoo/piercing establishments.  I have a couple of granddaughters who have tattoos so thought maybe one of them could hook me up. 

Next I thought about friends or relatives I would trust to cut the earring off with a wire cutter.  The only people I could think of, that I would entrust my ear to are my grandson and his wife, but they are having a super busy week  

I was kind of sad about all this yesterday because I always wear my favorite earrings my daughter gave me for special occasions, like church on Mother's Day. 

This morning I was back at it.  I ransacked my tool box trying to find my needle nosed pliers but to no avail.  David used them often to pull the plastic back on  his favorite TV dinners so I knew they existed but no dice finding them.    I finally settled for this extremely dirty, big, scary looking pair.  

So, after cleaning up the pliers, and while pulling my earlobe and half  the earring one direction, I pulled on the other half with the pliers.  This took only about a dozen tries - but then BINGO!

I think I'll make a Youtube video. 

***