Monday, November 23, 2015

Rocky

Often, in the fall, when school was about to start, my husband, Ken, and I  would take our kids to the movies.  I don't know if they realized it but we were hoping the film would motivate and inspire them to have a good, strong year.  Often it was a Rocky movie.  They were the best.  

We all came out of the theater thinking we could do anything!

Now I see that Sylvester Stallone has made yet another Rocky movie.  The first one came out in  1976.  It was a huge success, earning $156 million worldwide.  

Stallone wrote all six Rocky movies and directed four of them.  He has said, "Rocky is the one thing I've done right."  I don't know if it's the one thing - but I do know the films told us something about the human spirit in a very powerful way. 

In the new movie Stallone plays the trainer.  He's now the same age Burgess Meredith was in Rocky

But all of us have come a long way.  My kids are middle aged and I'm a great grandmother.  But, like many others, I've dreamed about running up those steps at the Philadelphia Museum of Art and raising my arms in triumph!

I hope your new film inspires us, Mr. Stallone.  We need it.


***