Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Fur Is For Animals

My niece whom I love, respect and is my blogging mentor, just wrote a blog about her many fur coats.

I don't wear fur. Let me put this another way, I wouldn't be caught dead in a fur coat - so after I die don't try putting me in one for the viewing.

A while back my Boyfriend and I were in having fun in Ketchikan, Alaska. We strolled into a big downtown fur shop. More furs than I'd ever seen. Many little minks gave their lives for this store.

My Boyfriend began telling me about a fur coat he once bought his wife. (We talk a lot about our spouses - all positive.) Since we were the only people in this big place the sales guy was hovering around us listening to our every word.

Finally he became so aggressive that I'm ashamed to say that I had a little fun with him. I tried on a $10,000 coat, swirled around and said in a whisper,

He bought one for his wife so he'd better buy one for me.

Of course, we left the store soon after. Even if I wore fur it would be a waste where I live. The daytime temp rarely drops below 70 degrees.